Hey there! How are ya? Remember me?
I know, I know. I’ve let the dust accumulate on this little bloggy over the past couple of weeks. Let’s catch up, shall we?
First things first: I moved into a fabulous new apartment. Aside from the fact that normal 13×9 cookie sheets do not fit into the mini-oven with which I’m now equipped (uhhh, does anyone know where to find 3/4-sized baking sheets?!), this place is an upgrade in every way. I’m still trying to decorate it and make it homey (I bought curtains!), but it’s definitely coming along.
Plus I started classes! I’m three weeks in now and I. am. loving. it. I’m seriously like the happiest nerd ever. I have more reading than I know what to do with and I have totally forgotten what it’s like to watch any sort of television when it actually airs (thank goodness for DVR…although I don’t actually have time to watch that either), but the reading I’m doing is so interesting.
I will admit–it’s definitely been a challenge to go from a nine-hour work day to three straight hours of class, then have to do more reading before bed, wake up, and do it all again. (Thus the lack of blog posting.) I’ve been too tired to do mostly anything…including feed myself. I had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for, oh, maybe five or six meals last week. Welcome back to student life? Hahaha.
Anyway! This past weekend I finally had time to do some baking. Charlie and I spent the day at my cousin’s house hanging out with her and her seven-month-old (who is the cutest baby known to humankind). Never do I ever go anywhere without bringing dessert–and thus this cookie pie was born. 🙂 One note that Charlie and I agreed upon: this would be even better with frosting. 😉
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Pie
- 1/2 cup (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt (I eyeballed it)
- 3/4 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and butter an 8″ cake pan.
2. In a mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugars together until fluffy. Then mix in egg and vanilla.
3. In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stopping periodically to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Fold in the raisins.
5. Pat the dough into the cake pan, stopping about 1/2″ from the sides of the pan (the cookie will spread).
6. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until cookie is golden brown on top. Let cool for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes one 8″ cookie pie, serves 6-8.